Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Buy A Wii for Cheap! Nintendo Slashes Wii Console Prices by 20%


Fans of Nintendo Wii, it’s time to rejoice! Nintendo just announced a HUGE price drop for world’s most popular game console. No longer will you be out $250 just to play a few sports on your television set, and you won’t have to worry so much about ringing up a huge bill this Christmas if you want to buy a Wii console. You’ll only have to pay $199, a $50 savings from its original (and slightly astronomical) price bracket.

But will you still be receiving all the benefits of the original Wii console with the price drop?

The answer is YES.

With the Nintendo Wii console, you will still receive the Wii Sports games in the box, as well as the Wii remote controller, nunchuk controller for the Wii Sports boxing games, and those miscellaneous, necessary but not-worth-mentioning cables and accessories.

If you’ve never gotten the chance to experience a Wii before, I pity you. You don’t know what you’re missing! The Wii fulfills every desire a game station could ever hope to fulfill: entertainment, fun, and exercise, all at the same time.

But will YOU be a good fit for the Nintendo Wii? Let’s check out the awesome stuff that comes in the box, and we’ll find out very quickly!

Sports Heaven

When you unpackage your Wii for the first time, you’ll not only be blown away by its sleek design, natural remote controller grip, and the way it fits perfectly under your TV, you’ll also start tripping over yourself to try out the new games.

Within the Wii Sports games, you get to choose from:

* Tennis
* Bowling
* Golf
* Baseball
* Boxing

After playing each game several times, I can honestly say I don’t know how I lived without the Wii console. It’s so much fun, I haven’t bothered even buying any of the other games that go with it. And not only that, I can count my Wii time as exercise time, since it makes me break out into a sweat worse than using my elliptical trainer!

Create Your Own Mii Profile

One of the things I like best about the Wii console is the profile creation, known as the Mii interface. You can make unlimited player profiles, and like an online avatar, you can design every aspect of your player’s body and name to make it athletic, geeky, beautiful, ugly, sloppy, neat, smart – you name it. Every member of your family can do the same, and eventually, you’ll have a whole team of Wii players to choose from – and play against – each time you turn on your Wii.

It’s Totally Addicting

Once you hook up with the Nintendo Wii, it’s very, very difficult to unhook yourself. I can play the Wii for hours without ever needing to come up for air. (Yeah, it’s that dangerous!) And unlike similar game consoles, where the video games get old after a while, there’s always room for personal improvement in the Wii Sports games. You can earn trophies, score points, and move up to different levels of playing ability after just a short period of playing the games.

Better than PS3 and XBOX 360?

As a big Playstation 3 fan, it pains me to say this, but in many respects, the Wii outshines PS3 and XBOX 360. Friends of mine who also own the Wii have reluctantly admitted the same thing.

In addition to being more fun than competing game consoles, the Wii is also now a much lower price at $199.00, which makes it a better option for gift-giving, especially around Christmastime (hint, hint, Dad!)

But don’t just take my word for it – read what other Wii fanatics have to say about this awesome game console below:

Wii Fan says,

“Wow. That's all I had to say after plugging the Wii in at my home on November 19th. After months of waiting, it is finally here, and for once, this game system actually met and possibly exceeded my expectations. Know before continuing that I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, I hated the Gamecube, own a PS2 and will be buying an Xbox 360. Well, after buying this, I don't know if i will be needing that 360.

The biggest thing about the Wii is it's new controller. Instead of the traditional two-handed gamepad with 2-4 buttons and some analog sticks, the Wii's input system is shaped like a TV remote control. It has a couple of buttons on it, but not nearly as many as the average controller. How can you play complex games with such a simple controller? The answer is motion control.

The Wii's controller has accelerometers inside of it, allowing it to sense when you wave, swing, punch, stab, or shake. It can also interact with a sensor bar placed on top of the television to make a pointer for the TV. For example, to select a menu option, you just point at the option with the remote and click the A button. This creates a whole new gaming experience. It's like one of those arcade games at the local mall, but it works better, and no more 25 cents per turn!

The remote is also very comfortable. For games that would need two analog sticks, such as shooters, there is a connectible perephial with an analog stick and two shoulder buttons, which is called the Nunchuk. In a shooting game, this would handle movement and the remote would handle the aiming. It takes a very short amount of time to get used to, but once you do, it is much more comfortable than the normal controller. You can spread your hands out instead of hunched up, holding your hands together.

The Wii Remote is functional, efficient, comfortable, and smart. It is so much better than controllers of the past, and I hope this is a sign of things to come from Nintendo.”

Richard Michalik says,

“I have owned almost all of the game systems that have come out except for a few of the Nintendo. I just was not a big fan. These days I'm a huge XBOX 360 fan. When I saw the controllers for this new system I though if Nintendo pulls this off it will be huge for them. I decided to give the system a try and waited in line for 13 hours at Wal-Mart with my 9 year old daughter. She loved the wait and interacting with all the other people waiting for the release.

By the time we got it home that night we were both to tried to hook it up that night so it stay in the box till the next morning. The hook up was easy. I spent the money on 3 extra controllers and nunchucks and Trauma center (which I haven't had a chance to play yet) and Zelda. The game that comes with the unit was one of the smartest decisions by a company I have ever seen. This reminds me of pong back in the 70's when everyone at least tried playing the first video games ,because the games are so easy to play that everyone can and will be talked into playing them.

I can't wait to get my 76 year old mother year to play some golf and bowling. We had friends over on Sunday to watch the Bears-Jets game. They are not video game fans to say the least and made fun of me for sitting in line for 13 hours. I talked them into trying the system and then had to talk them into getting off the system because the game was starting and they were having too much fun playing a video game. They apologized to me for making fun of me waiting inline for that long.


I knew going into the purchase the unit was small, but it still shocked me how compact it is. It's a nice sleek design that is simple. The main interface on the unit is manageable and ready for many upgrades. It seemed all of the online features were not available yet except for the Nintendo shop. 10 dollars for a Nintendo 64 game is a little steep. They need to take a look at that. The Mii interface was neat and I had to stop my daughter from creating miis for each child in our neighborhood. The only con I had with the system was the remotes ran on AA batteries. It would have been nice for them to be on a rechargeable system. I'll just have to go get a battery recharger.

Will I stop playing and recommending the XBOX 360? NO, because I still believe the 360 is the best on the market at this time (The Wii could change that in time). But I will be spending less time on it because of the Wii. If you are on the ledge about this system get off and go and find one. It is worth it. If you're looking for a system that the entire family can enjoy this is it. You will not be disappointed.

P.S. If you're going to trash the system without playing it go somewhere else. People come here for opinions on if this is a good buy for them. Not for some flamer that's close-minded and loves only his Playstation or XBOX and everything else stinks no matter what.”

Kathie Kauff says,

“This is the best buy I ever made for family entertainment. Recently, my children and grandchildren were here and we had a blast! The grandkids were very familiar with it since they all have one at home. They even brought their own games to play and sticks! I highly recommend this product.”

Leslie O’Donnell says,

“Our family, Dad (38), Mom (32), Daughter (7), and Son (5), love our Wii System! We play all the sports games included. Dad loves tennis, Mom loves boxing, Daughter and Son love bowling. You can even play together with one remote- taking turns to bowl! We have started to add to our game collection, but the Wii sports, included with the system, is still a family favorite! I cannot say enough good things about this system. Only slightly comes in second as playing the real-life games and you can do it without leaving your home!”

So, are you ready for some FUN yet? Then check out the newly-reduced-price Wii game console here, where you can learn about even more Wii features, plus buy a Wii console of your very own.

No comments:

Post a Comment